|The following message has been issued by McKesson:McKesson Practice Choice
Availability of McKesson Practice Choice™ System During Upgrade to version 2.08
The McKesson Practice Choice™ team is excited to announce that on Sunday, September 22, 2013 we will release the Version 2.08 update. This release will include a number of enhancements and resolved issues. Please see the brief release overview below, and click here to view the Release Notes.
Production Deployment Date
The Production environment of the McKesson Practice Choice application will be upgraded to version 2.08 on Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22. During the upgrade, the application may be unavailable for the Production environment between 9:00 PM Saturday, September 21 and noon Sunday, September 22.
This release enhances several functional areas of the Practice Choice application:
· Additional options on the ERA screen for processing payments
· Revised insurance payer entry with new payer search screen
· Additional options to identify ethnicity from within patient demographics
· Updated smoking status options to comply with Meaningful Use stage 2
· New Group Taxonomy code for billing by practice, either electronically or on paper forms
Note: Internet Explorer 9 is required for McKesson Practice Choice, and Internet Explorer 10 is the recommended version.